Neurosurgeon Needed in South Alabama
- Southeastern Alabama Medical Center is seeking a neurosurgeon to join an expanding neurosurgery program.
- The ideal candidate will be fellowship trained in skull-based surgery.
- Demonstrated clinical experience will be considered in lieu of fellowship training.
- The neuroscience team is comprised of adult neurosurgeons, a neurointerventionalist, medical neurologists, neuroradiologists and a team of clinical mid-level professionals.
- General neurosurgery call is required
- Full-time employed position
- Highly competitive and desirable compensation/benefits package equivalent to the 75th%ile MGMA
- Paid malpractice and medical liability
- Opportunity for student loan repayment
- Commencement bonus
- Paid relocation expenses
- Will provide coverage at one hospital
- Office is located on medical campus with easy access to hospital, emergency department and surgical services
- Vascular, anesthesia and pulm/critical care support available 24/7
- 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit
- Robust hospitalist service provides medical consultative support for non-surgical issues
- Dedicated neurosurgery scrub team
- Hospital has 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart surgery suites
- Level 2 trauma center with EM residency trained physicians
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3T), 3 CTs including a 64-slice CT and PET scanner
- 24/7 Neurosurgery services with 2 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
- Located in south Alabama
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician