Gulf Distributing Holdings Company
Position Description Transport Driver
Reports to: Delivery Manager
The Transport Driver is charged with transporting loaded and empty trailers to be loaded and returned for delivery the next day.
Description of Physical Tasks:
Keep all warehouse load areas and vehicle clean. Hook and un hook vehicles for loading using provided safety precautions. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must have active CDL A with Doubles Certification.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Excellent driving record with previous Doubles driving experience.
* Safely deliver loaded and empty trailers to be loaded and returned to the appropriate depot. This includes the procedures of hooking and unhooking assigned equipment.
* Possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A with Doubles Certification.
* Be able to work unsupervised.
* Ensure all required paperwork is delivered to the appropriate personnel. This includes all returned product, empties, pallets, and carts that are loaded on the truck.
* Make sure all delivery trucks are swept out and clean and there is no damage to equipment after every load.
* Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and other employees of Gulf Distributing Holdings Company.
* Maintain open and clear communications with managers and employees at all locations.
* Dress and maintain your personal appearance in a professional manner and according to company policy.
* Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures.
* Report immediately to the General Manager any traffic violations, on or off duty, that may affect your CDL and/or insurability.
* Conduct all of your activities in accordance to the local, state and federal liquor control regulations.
* Perform all work activities in accordance to the safe work practices, policies and procedures.
* Adapt to any new responsibilities required by a Manager.
* Turn in Paperwork as required by the position to include maintaining accurate DOT route book.
Salary and MBO compensation.
Associated topics: cdl a driving, cdl a truck, company driving needed, dry van otr trucking, otr company, otr driving, regional driver, regular home time, tanker truck driving, time at home